Mechanical Engineer – Machine Design – Manufacturing
Health, Dental, and Vision Benefits begin on the 1st of the month following 30 days. 401(k) with company match, vacation, paid time off, employer-paid life and voluntary life, disability insurance, and employee assistance benefits are available as well.Position Summary:
Design and develop machines for automated processes, high-speed pick and place applications, custom packaging and robotics applications. This includes conceptualization, detailed designing, prototyping and production launch.Responsibilities and Duties:
- Creates innovative and efficient machine designs that meet project requirements and industry standards
- Conducts mechanical design analysis as required to ensure the machine design will meet all the project requirements
- Reviews manufacturing processes and eliminates bottlenecks through automation or robotization
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to understand machine requirements and project objectives
- Conducts feasibility studies and analyzes technical specifications to ensure design feasibility and functionality
- Creates and maintains technical machine documentation, including drawings, routings, BOMs and ECNs
- Oversees manufacturing and assembly processes during the prototyping and production stages
- Conducts design reviews and provides technical guidance to ensure design integrity and manufacturability
- Supports manufacturing processes by providing technical expertise and necessary documentation by utilizing CAD tools
- Supports product documentation, operating instructions and technical literature
- Collaborates with suppliers and vendors to source necessary components and materials
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of custom machine design experience with a proven track record in designing complex machinery
- Strong knowledge of mechanical engineering principles and design standards, including experience in Design for Manufacturing
- Proficient in 3D CAD modeling (PTC Creo preferred)
- Experience in sheet metal design
- Experience in 2D AutoCAD
- Experience in preparing engineering documentation including engineering drawings, BOM structures and engineering change management
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills with strong attention to details
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrates decision-making ability
- Proficient in 3D solid modeling
- Knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing
- Familiar with machine motion components such as bearings, gears, shafts, gearboxes, motors, sprockets, belts, pneumatic components, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of manufacturing processes such as welding, sheet metal fabrication, machining heat treatment, etc.
- Understanding of machine controls such as servo motors, vision, sensors, PLCs, etc.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send your resume to email@example.com
We participate in E-Verify.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity provider.