Position: Digital Field Technician, full-time position
- Roselle/Chicago, IL
- San Diego, CA
- Los Angeles, CA
- Newark, NJ
- Salt Lake City, UT
- Denver, CO
- Phoenix, AZ
The M&R Companies
World's leading manufacturer of textile/graphics screen printing equipment. The company is heavily invested in advanced technology, earning numerous patents, keeping the company in the forefront of innovative design and rapid product development. We produce a wide array of screen and digital printing equipment in the U.S. and internationally, and a vast array of distributors and technical support operations throughout the world.
The position requires a seasoned Field Service Professional who can work with minimal supervision and who has extensive experience with electro/mechanical machinery. Must have the ability to maintain and enhance our field service department both domestically and abroad.
Service Techs are responsible for installing, troubleshooting, and repairing equipment at our customer locations. They also provide training and telephone support for customers and participate in trade shows. Successful candidates will receive field and factory training. Send your resume to email@example.com for consideration.
- EET Degree in the field of electronics, licensed electricians, ASE Mechanics, or similar all are potential good candidates.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- Previous relevant experience working with engineering, operations, sales, field service, remote office and general laborers within an equipment manufacturing company desired.
- Proactive individual who takes initiative and follows through regardless of size or scope of the project.
- Ability to handle, maintain and protect confidential information.
- Upholds, supports, and maintains company safety standards at all times.
- Strong prior mechanical/electronics experience preferably in an industrial setting.
- Clean driving record, valid driver’s license, and a reliable vehicle.
- Good judgment and decision-making—a quick thinker with the ability to improvise in the field.
- Working knowledge of industrial electronics and associated components.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics and mechanical drawings.
- Ability to travel internationally and obtain a U.S. passport in a timely fashion.
- Must obtain personal credit card to use for reimbursable expenses.
- Willing to sign an industry non-compete agreement.
- Digital printing experience not required but a plus.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office software, including: Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and Corel a plus.
- Screen printing artwork preparation experience a plus.
- Direct to screen or direct to garment experience a plus.
- Working knowledge of RIP software and file conversions.
- General screen printing knowledge, pre-press screen preparations, coating screens, working with emulsions, all a plus.
- Strong computer skills with basic networking skills preferred.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Performs installations and repairs of company products as assigned by management staff.
- Prepare service reports for every service call and submits them in a timely fashion for processing.
- Assist in 24hr service phone support on a rotating schedule.
- Travels domestically and internationally to repair, install, train and move equipment as assigned.
- Provide phone support when not traveling to our customers.
- Assist in the setup and tear down of equipment at trade shows, and also assist the sales staff during said shows.
- Above average abilities in verbal and writing skills. The ability to communicate with our customers and put them at ease with the repair process.
- Must reside within 30 minutes of a major airport.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Benefits begin the 1st of the month after 30 days. Health, Dental, and Vision insurance options. 401(k), vacation, life and disability insurance benefits as well.
*We are an Equal Employment Opportunity provider.
Job Type: Full-time